Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I Refuse to Accept Your Insinuation...


Our cars are built with turning signals and we are given the ability to speak for a reason. At least with someone who insinuates with their body language I can stop them and ask them a direct question…but for those out there who like to slow down or straddle the lines separating the lanes when they drive in order to let someone know that you want to merge, instead of signaling…I refuse to accept your insinuation! I may not signal for the full three seconds required, but I will at least let the other drivers know what I am thinking when I am trying to merge!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvaKetFv12g

When I am driving, I am already focusing on what I am doing; now you expect me to guess what you are thinking?! How hard is it to lift your finger and turn on your blinker? I see so many drivers being overly stressed over merging and I would accommodate their needs more if I knew what their intentions are! Or if I am going to turn left at a two way stop with my signal flashing and you are coming my way knowing that you are going to turn (so I don’t have to wait for you to pass)…turn on your signal! The earlier the better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uciCJJB49jg&feature=related

This goes for anything in life in my opinion…why not just say what we mean? I understand that in business or in situations where you are asking for someone with authority over you for something, it may not be best to be too direct…but when we are just interacting with each other as human beings, why not be direct? I have always been terrible with this as it relates to dating and having a relationship. If I liked someone, I would tell them that I liked them…otherwise it would drive me crazy…at the same time, I wanted to know what they thought of me. So if I had my way, there would be no insinuation amongst people who speak the same language…seems pretty inefficient to me.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZPEoskAMEY&feature=related

So ladies (of course my wife excluded), if you want us to do the dishes for you, don’t get pouty when you don’t ask us to do it and they don’t get done. Don’t tell us that you want us “to want to do the dishes for you”. In my opinion, you are just being lazy in wanting everyone to know what you are thinking and aren’t taking the perception of others into account. Once again, I refuse to accept your insinuation…

Example of washing dishes insinuation from "The Break Up"...
http://www.hulu.com/embed/HWT2yjuanjvNQwpcNkzI1A

King

No comments:

Post a Comment